Venture Engineering Consultants is headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. We provide comprehensive, knowledgeable and efficient structural engineering, environmental engineering and quantity surveying services primarily within Alberta (including Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Airdrie, Grande Prairie, and Fort McMurray), and Saskatchewan (including Saskatoon and Regina). Founded in 1986, our 30+ years of experience has made us the trusted provider of choice for a multitude of financial institutions, real estate developers and governmental agencies.
Multidisciplinary commercial services offered by Venture Engineering include:
- Civil/Structural Engineering
- Architectural and Structural Design: Comprehensive structural design covering all phases of the commercial development process, covering multiple structures including buildings, parkades, foundations and bridges.
- Crane Design: Analysis and design of crane specifications to safely lift and move maximum loads within the context of ground conditions, wind effects and component equipment.
- Peer Review: Independent evaluation of designs completed by other engineering firms.
- Code Compliance Review: Validation that the structure or intended structure meets regulatory standards set by the municipal, provincial and national regulatory arms, including the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
- Building Condition Assessments (BCA’s)
- Structural: Reporting on the current state of a building’s envelope and structural systems, internally and externally. This includes the foundation, wall framing, columns, interior flooring and external components along with specific action items for repair or replacement in the short, medium and long term.
- Roofing: Evaluation of the roof type, materials, weathering, age, life expectancy and maintenance schedule in the short, medium and long term for commercial properties.
- Mechanical and Electrical: Identification and evaluation of the complex systems within a commercial property such as the heating, air conditioning, plumbing, ventilation and power systems, their efficiency, with their estimated remaining lifespan and level of efficiency.
- Environmental Engineering
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments: A preliminary site visit and condition report that identifies current or potential environmental contamination with a recommendation for next steps.
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments: A subsequent, methodical assessment that tests various substances obtained from the site to evaluate the presence and impact of Recognized Environmental Conditions (“REC”).
- Phase III Environmental Site Assessments: The remediation plan and resulting execution to remove or mitigate an REC from the impacted site.
- Rezoning Assessments: The submission of historical and current environmental site details required for an efficient rezoning application process.
- Quantity Surveying
- Project Monitoring & Management: Comprehensive understanding of the development budget for a property, with cadenced site visits and reports ensuring that all invoiced work has been completed within scope.
At Venture Engineering, we maintain active licenses across 7 Canadian provinces and territories and are affiliated with multiple regulatory arms including APEGA and the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
Since 1986, exceptional client service and a high-degree of expertise has remained at the core of our business. Contact us today to learn more about our commitment and how we can help you.